With these fairly simple tricks you can stay looking vibrant and have long lasting energy, something all us mums are pretty keen on right!? It does take daily commitment to reveal the vibrant skin and if you want it to be natural and fundamentally healthy, which I hope you do. I know you already have plenty to attend to, but I would love for you to prioritize your health – and with a little practice you can weave it into your daily routine so you don’t even think about doing it.
For Vibrant Skin:
- Hydrate, first thing in the morning. Most of us tend to start the day with coffee. But this is working against you! Coffee is dehydrating and zaps your nutrients storages and hence zaps you from the long term energy required throughout the day. Instead make sure you start the day with a large glass of water, add a few organic lemons peels and a tiny pinch of sea salt, for better absorption. (Have your coffee 30 minutes after breakfast or swap for a green tea – much better!)
- At least 3 cups of vegetables daily, Organic is best. Ideally lightly steamed and a wide range of colours. Most just don’t get enough vegetables. Yet, they serve us with fibre to clear our bowels, vitamins for skin, energy production and immune health.
- Inversions, yes, I want you to move daily (walking/running/yoga/swimming etc) but as a bare minimum being upside down for just a few minutes does a great deal for your skin and can give you a mood and energy boost. Inversions are down dog, headstand, shoulder stand, forearm stand or even just legs up the wall.
- Collagen, As we age collagen declines year by year. So the best solution to this is to add natural collagen to your diet. You can add it to your tea or coffee, simply mix into water and drink or add it to food and smoothies. Pretty versatile! It doesn’t only give your youthful skin complexion but because it’s a natural protein source it sustains energy production as well. You can purchase it here.
- Sleep! Yes, essentially without sleep there’s nothing else that will work. I recommend winding down from 9 pm, and by 10 pm have your head on the pillow. Need help with your sleep? Get in touch!
- Meditate, can meditation slow ageing? Hmm, some say it can – time will tell I guess. But it most certainly works for your skin and brings a sparkle to your eyes. It works in similar ways as sleep, but Meditation gives you deep rest and thus jump starts your energy. Try it here.
- Avoid Sugar, simply put sugar will age and dull your skin and after a short happy boost it will make you feel worse and zapped from energy. To be clear, I’m not talking the natural sugars that are4 in your whole food diet (fruit and vegetables) but the sugar that you add to your food or any refined foods. Just stay clear of that stuff!
- Natural Fats, are important for the skin, and so many other things in your body. I highly recommend adding organic butter, cod liver oil, oily fish, ghee and coconut oil to your diet – daily.
- Natural vitamin E, The key vitamins for skin, and especially a vibrant skin, are vitamin A, C & E. All of them can be found in a whole food diet. But I love adding natural vitamin E on the skin. I don’t use any other products on my skin on a daily basis. I wash my face with a warm and damp facecloth and add natural vitamin E oil to moisturise after. The key is to use as little on the skin as possible to not mess with the natural oil production.
- Oxytocin, laugh and love, nothing works as well as a good belly laugh (hopefully every day) and lots of love. Hugging, kissing and love-making is magic for the skin and boosts your energy like nothing else. The hormone oxytocin is the key player here for vibrant skin! If we could bottle this stuff, it would be a bestseller! So get loving and laughing! Feeling depressed and struggle with low libido? Get in touch for help – herbal medicine has a lot to offer for mood and libido.