Several tests can be done when you are coming in for a consultation. The tests can tell us unique things about your health and are also a great way to track your improvements, visit by visit. Often blood pathology tests, hair analysis and allergy testing are important to do for a correct understanding of what is happening on a cellular level for you. However some very useful and simple tests can be done during your consultation and referrals you can get directly from me:
- Blood Pathology: I can give you a direct referral to Laverty Pathology and Health Scope for all blood tests. I regular test my patients and I recommend most people stay on top of their blood pathology to screen for deficiencies. Typical testing is Full blood count, Iron levels, Vitamin D, Iodine, inflammatory markers, Cholesterol and Thyroid profile. These laboratories can also check for parasite and coeliac etc. Please note that medicare is not covering these, but Laverty has very resonable prices for their testing. Get an electronic referral to Laverty immediately by emailing email@example.com Subject: pathology referral - and you will be contacted when your results are in.
- Pyrrole Test: This is urine test that can tell you if you have pyroluria and leaving you with unexplained anxiety and stress irrational behaviors. In short it is a condition giving you problems with Zinc and B6 - leaving you anxious and stressed. Unfortunately, this is not a recognized condition by many health practitioners. It is wide-spread and mental health experts estimate as high as 20% of all psychiatric patients and 40% of people with schizophrenia and 5% of ‘normal’ people have pyroluria.
- Food Detective test: This is a really handy test to check if you are eating foods that you are intolerant to. Regular consumption of foods that you are intolerant to is going to have a damaging effect on your health. This test is an IgG test (not an IgE allergy - meaning anaphylaxis reaction, and requires immediate medical attention.) Although not life threatening, food intolerance should never be underestimated as its impact on sufferers can be significant, sometimes affecting their ability to live normal healthy lives. The incidence of food intolerance is extremely wide and it is estimated that 45% of the population could be affected. Many people with food intolerance experience more than one symptom. Symptoms can often be vague and the root cause of the problem, food, is not always correctly diagnosed. Sufferers often complain of seeming to be in a ‘fog’, feeling bloated, irritated bowels such as diarrhoea or constipation, or both and being tired all the time.
- Zinc Tally test: is a simple screening method for evaluating zinc status. By placing two teaspoons of Zinc Tally in the mouth, a lack of taste or a delayed taste perception suggests a possible zinc insufficiency. An immediate taste perception suggests zinc status may be adequate.
- Candida test: Is the world’s first and only blood based Professional Point of Care test for Vulvovaginal Candidiasis. This CE-marked test utilizes just a drop blood taken from a finger tip to provide accurately diagnosis within 6 minutes. The test is indicated as a screening test during pregnancy. This is because women are at high risk of developing VVC during the pregnancy and it is known that VVC during pregnancy is significantly associated with Intrauterine Growth Retardation. Recent evidence has also shown that screening and treatment of VVC during pregnancy may significantly reduce the prevalence of preterm labour. Between 5% and 10% of healthy women of reproductive age may suffer from recurrent VVC. This is defined in the medical literature as 4 -5 infections per year. Since symptoms of VVC are usually non specific, it is important to ensure that accurate differential diagnosis is performed before embarking on a course of treatment. CanDia5® is a lateral flow assay which requires five simple steps in order to perform accurate diagnosis. All of the accessories required to perform the test are included within the box.