As a birth doula, I am your and your partner’s support person during pregnancy, labour and post-birth so you can experience an empowered birth. Every pregnancy and birth is different. As your birth doula I will assist, support and guide you and your partner with my experience and knowledge and make sure you and your family feel strong, nourished and well informed at all times.
Women who work with me feel strong, nourished, supported and informed. In the post-partum period, I offer recovery and lactation support.
Examples of what a birth doula does during birth:
- Massage, hip squeeze, rebozo, make you a bath etc. to make you as comfortable as possible
- Support you and your partner and answer all your questions as they arise
- Keep you hydrated and fed (with the right foods and drinks) during labour
- Guide your partner (and other family members) to best support you
- Keep you moving and resting according to your need and stage in labour
- Help you stay in line with your wishes and goals for your desired labour
- Notify and update our friends and family of your progress if you wish
- Stay with you after the delivery of your baby to ensure your baby has begun breastfeeding
Examples of what a birth doula does after you have given birth:
- Help you with breastfeeding and baby care at home.
- Help you settle into the new way of life.
- Answer your questions.
- Debrief the birth.
- Support you through potential emotional changes.
- Show you slings and belly support as needed.
My doula service package:
We always start by having a complimentary 1st meeting to see if I am the right doula for you.
- Two pre-birth visits in your home. I will help you write your birth plan, speak to you about all things birth and health-related, and ensure you get all your questions and worries answered
- Frequent phone and email/text message contact
- On call from 38 weeks
- I supply you with the Labour TENs machine, so you don’t have to rent one
- I supply you with homoeopathy for pre-labour, birth and postpartum
- I supply and show you my rebozo work (to help position your baby and as pain relief)
- I give you recipes and diet advice for pregnancy, birth (labour foods) and for the postpartum period for excellent recovery and breast milk production
- I provide you with Raspberry leaf tincture from 36 weeks to help prepare for birth
- I provide pathology referrals and guidance to ensure you are nutritionally balanced and screened for deficiencies
- Birth (unlimited)
- Two post birth visits inc. lactation support and nutrition support
How much does my doula service cost?
Doula Package: $1,800
– Can be paid in instalments. Private health fund rebates may be available.
Additional doula services (add on’s):
- Baby blessing ceremony
- Placenta encapsulation
- Lactation advice
- Herbal medicine and nutritional consultations
- Books and educational material
- Post Partum food delivery (Mum and Bub food to help you recover and support milk production. Nutrient dense and nourishing)